Thursday, June 17, 2010

Influences and Coaching Trees

Carl wrote a post called "Influences and Coaching Trees" where he asked "Who Influences You?" and told us that he is "just a guy that listens to many and picks and chooses information and methods I feel are effective. No bias, just information I find works for me." (That's a line of bullshit if I ever heard one.)

He continues:
"My coaching tree comes from swimming and track, but strength coaches have made a big impact on me as well. Some sport coaches have influenced me. My grandfather has influenced me. Thin coaching trees scare me, as it's ok to have branches and not be a solitary flower from one coach. After mapping out my influences I felt that I was fair and balanced, and look forward to growing more internationally this summer. "


The best part is, the picture he showed is a fucking musical influence tree!

Is he kidding? Is this guy for real? I mean, seriously, you put up a music tree?

I took the liberty to put up Carl's real Coaching Tree:


The foundation of his works starts with the Almighty Vern and Oscar the Grouch (who might very well be the same person) and goes up the tree to Debbie Downer (more of Carl's Excel days influence) and into Eeyore which has been more of his modern influence.